This Page

has been moved to new address

And Stress Attack

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: And Stress Attack

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Thursday, November 27, 2008

And Stress Attack

I went to school today.  First time this week.  It was ok. 

Construction class was pretty boring.  We sat on the roof while our teacher lectured on roof materials (mainly his opinions again).  Class ended an hour early this time.  And we didn't do any work.  He asked for volunteers to put some shingles on.  But not really in a way that suggested he wanted stuff done - more just for a quick demo.  I didn't volunteer - I like doing work, but not with the whole class watching me.  I really don't like being the centre of attention.

water centre I found out we're going on a field trip tomorrow.  To the Calgary Water Centre.  Turns out it's a mandatory class, so it's a good thing I found out so I could push my lunch plans back an hour.

We had a guest teacher come in to another class.  So we learned a bit about heating systems in houses.  Basically what I got out of it was: in-floor radiant heating anywhere I go would make me a much happier person - I probably wouldn't be as cold.

Tonight I went for coffee with Steve.  We do this every 3 months or so.  Always something to look forward to.  It's some good conversation.  I will miss this ritual when I move.  Although he might be going to Slave Lake to work next year for a bit, so perhaps we can meet in the middle at some point.  I told him to get Skype though - maybe we'll just buy our Starbucks in our respective cities and talk via webcam instead every so often.

I highly recommend Skype.  It's a really good quality video.  And since it's free, you just can't go wrong.  So if anyone wants to webcam with me once I go (or even now), just let me know and I'll add you to my Skype list.  I only go on if I'm expecting a "call" though.

Tonight I just let the stress of moving, and the final weeks of school (and ensuing projects) get to me.  Not on purpose.  It started as an innocent conversation with my dad.  And I just kept getting more and more worried.  I feel like there's so much to do - and 1) not enough time to do it all; 2) the stuff that has to be done is complicated and time-consuming; 3) I'm unable to do stuff without more details about the move (which I'm probably not going to get, but nevertheless); 4) I don't think Putt-Putt (my car) is big enough; 5) I have no clue what I'm going to be doing job-wise or even activity-wise in Fort McMurray, so how do I determine what's a "must-bring" and what's a "it can wait"; 6) when I'm going to pack everything since I've got exams December 15-19, I'm working December 20-23, and I need to have everything ready between December 24-25; and well...you get the idea.  It just kept going.  And I'm the type of person to get stressed out really, really easily.

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2008 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

it all works out...some how. i dont know how, but it always does!! you just cant be already planning for Dec 24&25, just gotta plan tomorrow with goals and try and accomplish them. dont look past one day, WAY to overwhelming!!! good luck! you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home