This Page

has been moved to new address

It's the End of NaBloPoMo

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: It's the End of NaBloPoMo

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's the End of NaBloPoMo

I consider NaBloPoMo successful.  I've posted everyday since November 16, which is when I started.  Perhaps I shall attempt to blog daily until December 15 just to make it the full 30 days.  We shall see - I'm not going to get worried or stressed about it.

This also means that tomorrow is December.  Meaning there will be a new month showing up in my archive list (or is that only after I have more posts than are "allowed" to be shown on my front page?).  And as of Thursday, I'll have had my Blogger blog for a month.

There was a family brunch for my Grandpa's 80th birthday.  And my cousin Shawn announced that not only are he and his new-ish girlfriend engaged, but she's pregnant too.  It was kind of funny, because all the other cousins let out a bit of a sigh of relief when he told us.  The first great-grandkid is on the way - the pressure is off...at least for a little while.  Although I'd say it's more the aunts than the grandparents that want us cousins to settle down, have kids, etc.

After work today, I went shopping.  And it was great, because it was the very first day of extended holiday hours.  So it wasn't super busy.  Here is my Christmas shopping summary:
• Completed: 7
• Partially Completed: 2
• Have Ideas: 1
• Not a Clue: 1 (maybe 2)
I'm so proud of myself for being proactive about this.  Especially since I've come across some great deals!  And best of all, not a single gift card has been purchased.  Definitely a first.

Next on my Christmas list is writing and sending my Christmas cards.  And the offer still stands - if you want me to send you one, just let me know.  I bought more cards than I have planned recipients (it's like the 8 buns vs. 12 hot dogs scandal).  But I got a great, great deal (read $1.50 a PACK).  So I'm not really complaining.

Tonight I also figured out which duffel bags I can take with me for the move.  I think I'm going to start putting some items aside this week.  And my mom also wants me to pack up the stuff that's remaining in my bedroom when I leave.  That way it can become another guest bedroom.  Which is a bit annoying since it's more work for me, but I understand why (it's my mom, and if you know her, it makes sense) and it will actually make things easier for me and my parents if I need something shipped or need to pick something out on a visit home.

In other exciting news, Enya has a new album out, and Nora Roberts has a new book (third in a trilogy too).  I can't wait to get my hands on either.

and winter came

Pagan Stone

As a random thought - I'd like to learn how to play the violin one day.  And maybe try my hand at piano again (which will mean getting over my embarrassment of playing when other people can hear).  I'd also really love to take some horse riding lessons in the future.  And learn to speak Gaelic (although it isn't very useful).

Perhaps I will be up to creating a new header this week - and therefore I can use a different background for my blog.  Something more seasonal.

Jason - we should watch Wall-e when you come home.

Which reminds me, I have 3 free movie rental coupons.  That expire on December 3.  Do you think I can use it on December 3, or must they be used by December 2?  I'm not sure.  Maybe I'll just rent in the afternoon tomorrow, one tomorrow night (or Tuesday afternoon), and the third Tuesday night.  And hopefully get ones that I can return in a week.  So it's not a mad rush to watch them all.

I just did some quizzes on Blogthings.  The consensus is:
• I have no knowledge gaps (out of philosophy, religion, economics, literature, history, science, and art).

brain 


• I should be a mechanic, architect or carpenter because
     - I am logical, calm, and detail oriented.
     - I am rational when things are chaotic, and for me, reasons always prevails.
     - While I am guided by logic, I am not a slave to it.
     - I'm flexible when it counts.  I am always open to being wrong (this is so NOT true).
     - I do best when I work with my hands, and can use tools, machines, or equipment.

mechanic

 

• I am the Bow Pose in yoga.
     - I am an open hearted person  I seek connections and make them easily.  I am naturally generous - especially with my love and my time.
     - I have a knack for thinking up interesting ideas.
     - I am an inventor and a creator.
     - I approach everything in life with a relaxed attitude.
     - I accept what I can't change.
(I have to say - NONE of those points would be used by me to describe myself.  NONE!)

bow pose 

 

So I managed to spend close to 2 hours blogging.  Yet again.  Of course I'm surfing the net at the same time.  Perhaps this is something I can work on in December.  I read somewhere that having a timer go off every so often when you're working is 1) a great way to stay present and mindful, and 2) keeps you productive.  So perhaps that is something to consider.

Following the timer thought, I've always wanted to get a Zen Clock.  One that I can use as a progressive alarm clock in the morning, or a timer.

zen clock

These ones are rather expensive though.  And I'm sure I can find something that's just as good (and perhaps a bit more esthetically pleasing).  And my current romping on Amazon to find some has introduced me to the concept of a sunrise alarm.  Intriguing.

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

congrats on your daily post! I too like posting daily, even though sometimes I miss!

Wall-e was a terrible movie...well thats what Booker and I thought...i was so bored!

nice work on the Christmas gifts, i truly believe that when it comes to Christmas, that gift cards are no fun...though for my Wedding, they were my favorite!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home