This Page

has been moved to new address

A Vile Word, Sharp Needles, and a Spilled Smoothie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: A Vile Word, Sharp Needles, and a Spilled Smoothie

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Vile Word, Sharp Needles, and a Spilled Smoothie

I just started reading a new book: Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger (aka the author of The Devil Wears Prada - a fantastic book and movie in my mind).  I fell in love (way beyond the like I was feeling at the time) when on pages 14 and 15 I found the following:chasing harry winston

"Panties is a vile word,"..."I'm just pointing out its relative grossness.  All women hate the word.  Panties.  Just say it - panties.  It makes my skin crawl."..."Do you not find it repulsive?"

Like wow, I never knew other people (albeit fictional in this circumstance) hated that word as much as I do.

Of course when I pointed this out to Jason, he immediately began using it in every single sentence for the next minute or so.  *sigh*

I must say, I'm slowly beginning to like Photoshop.  Not that I use it very much, but at least I'm slowly figuring some of the extremely large amount of tools available.  Such as how to crop.  Or how to resize photos to be used in my header.  And how to use the eyedrop tool to match the colour from my background.  Sometimes it takes very little for me to feel accomplished.

Tonight I had physio.  I've been going since my car accident in September (just got to love whiplash).  I slept funny the past couple of nights so I had another muscle flare-up.  Just when we finally got rid of the last one.  My therapist does acupuncture.  And
dry-needling (meaning a needle is used to pick apart the knots in the muscle, which is supposed to make the muscle heal itself, and therefore, get rid of the knots).  I was so lucky as to have require the dry-needle version.  Not that I really mind (I'm pretty good at dealing with pain).  But tonight hurt.  And there were a couple times when the pain started radiating.  My therapist made me feel a bit better saying that I didn't react any differently than before when I told him how bad it was after.

It's never hurt that much though.  It worries me a bit that my muscles can get so tense and tight that I need treatment such as this.  For the record though, this type of treatment works great on me.  However, it hurt to drive home.  I didn't want to go around corners because that made it hurt even more (and there's a lot of corners to go around once I get back in my neighbourhood).  When I got home, I lay on my bed and talked to Jason on the phone.  I just didn't want to move.

It's not really painful right now.  Still twinges when I move too much though.  But tomorrow should be better.

At lunch today I pulled "a Mandy".  What exactly "a Mandy" refers to varies.  But it's always something klutzy, and silly, that I just have a knack of doing (and on a very regular basis).  Today my "Mandy" move involved taking a sip of the smoothie in my thermos, but completely missing my mouth.  It dribbled down my cheeks and chin onto the table instead.  I really feel that I'm regressing the older I get.  Steven proceeded to make me feel better though (slightly) by pulling "a Mandy" a few minutes later.

vinyl crewWe put up vinyl siding in Construction class today.  I'm a little disappointed with how un-productive I feel after that class.  We managed to put up only 3 pieces of siding.  In 45 min.  That just seems so inconsequential.  The house will never be finished at this rate.  I suppose I'm frustrated by the lack of motivation other people have towards this class (and I can see why they're frustrated with me for not being motivated about our other classes).  Maybe I just need to "take charge" and get more of an vinylassembly line system going next week.  Or stop trying to be "nice" and let everyone else do work.  If you want to do something, do it.  If not, I'm more than willing to do the work, so I should do as much as I can.

I must say I quite like my stickered-up hard hat.  Makes me feel quite cool.  And I am definitely more than willing to wear it the whole class (and not just for safety reasons!).  I'm also amused at the lululemon sticker so prominent on the side - it seems slightly at odds with the situation.  To my mind at least.

vinyl 3

Here's a moment of intense concentration (and I felt my tongue needed to be involved).

 

 

 

I thought I would also post a few pictures of where I was at a year ago.  Just for fun (and a chance to reminisce on my part - although some things probably should stay in the past).  And I felt like posting pictures, but I don't have anything new.

snatch

apple

halloween

climbing

xmas

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Booker & Krystal said...

1. i too hate the word panties...its for a four year old girl...and maybe not even appropriate then!
2. I pull a "mandy" all the time, i just didnt know it had a name!!!
3. Cool hardhat, i like that you've really embraced your individuality!!
4. THAT IS THE BEST (I can only hope it was for halloween) COSTUME EVER!!! HAHAHA!!!

 
At November 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Booker & Krystal said...

oh, and you seem to read alot, and i love to read, though dont really have much time to read, but you should compile a favorite book list, so i can read books off of it, so that when i find the spurts of time to read, i can just pick one up and know it'll be a gooder!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home