This Page

has been moved to new address

#25

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: #25

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

#25

Today was not such a great day.  Actually, it pretty much sucked!

Here's what was good though:
• I got a bit more of my AutoCAD project done;
• I made my bed properly, so it'll be great to sleep in tonight;
• I watched half of Ugly Betty, Season 2;
• I watched another episode of the Dog Whisperer;
• I was able to knit ~10 more rows on my blanket; and
• I talked to my Jason.

I just found out about some political upheaval from Facebook.  That's pretty sad.  But I don't really watch or read the news.  I really dislike politics - mainly because I just don't really understand (and find it too boring to put much effort into learning).  Trying to read news articles is only confusing me.  Lovely.  Maybe I should just become a nomad.  And go live in Switzerland (they're neutral, so I shouldn't become trapped because of a terrorist attack or anything).

If anyone can explain in simple English (and remain completely unbiased) what's happening, it'd be appreciated.

For now, I'm going to eat some more frozen marshmallows, and catch up on my blog reading before going to bed.

4 Comments:

At December 3, 2008 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

Well, on Monday they are going to vote on a bill. However, majority of the people (Liberals, NDP and the Bloc) are going to reject the bill, resulting in a vote of non confidence. That means that our Conservative government gets the boot. Now basically the Liberals and the NDP (and the Bloc, but on a lessor basis) are going to stage a takeover and sign a coalition. So we will have a NDP and Liberal goverment (with the Liberal leader-Stephan Dion being PM (however, he will step down in Feb. as planned).

So this coalition that has been signed lasts until the middle of 2011. Another contract was signed with the Bloc, saying that they wont go against the coalition and that lasts until 2010 (ithink).

So basically, we're going to get a government that the people didnt vote for, that is going to force their way into power (with stephan at the reins).

The only way out of this (and the Govenor General decides this) is to basically declare a state of no government. -not sure of teh details of this, or how it exactly works.

So that is basically what is happening, and i'm totally against it. If its a vote of non confidence, i want to go back to the polls, not be forced with a government, i think it takes away all things democratic.

 
At December 3, 2008 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

and that may have been slightly biased!!!

Not that i'm against the liberals or the NDP (well i'm against Stephan Dion, but just him personally), i just dont like the idea of having a government that the people didnt vote in.

 
At December 3, 2008 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Maureen said...

I no longer comment on politics in any country so glad you had those wiser than moi.

Frozen marshmallows. Hmmm...never tried that one. Yet. NABLOPOMO

 
At December 3, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Blogger ~Jessica Dawn said...

Oh my goodness... thanks for passing that crazing on sis... I'm pretty sure I have some in the freezer right now.... Ummm... not worth it now, brush teeth & off to bed...

night!
LUMULK!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home