This Page

has been moved to new address

Another Day Done

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: Another Day Done

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Day Done

I wrote a final today.  I was planning on studying last night - and then I watched Sex and the City.  So I was going to study this morning instead.  But I slept in.  Meaning I wrote my final without studying or even reading anything from this course in probably 3 weeks.  And I actually think I did really well.  Which might annoy some people, but I guess I'm lucky like that.

I can be a really good student without putting in a whole lot of effort in most cases.  Just showing up to class will often suffice.  There is definitely a part of me that wants to get through school while this is still the case.  Because this is an ability that I could lose at any time, especially if I don't use it.  But I know that I'm nowhere near motivated enough by this program to finish it.  And I don't know where my interests are right now.  So it's going to have to be put on hold for a bit.  I've got my fingers crossed I can find some sort of program to pursue soon though.  Most likely through night school, since Fort McMurray is way to expensive to not work full-time.

I've been feeling rather lethargic today.  It's a sign that I'm not getting enough exercise (well, to be honest, I'm getting pretty much none).  Exercising makes me happy and energetic.  I know this.  I just can never seem to motivate myself.  If I have a partner, or a group, or a registered class, then I have no problems going.  But I always have excuses when it's just me.  Like being too busy.  Tonight I had to watch TV for 3 hours, the shows were too interesting to go to a yoga class.  Stupid Mandy.  Stupid.  At least I dragged my butt off the couch before I hit the 4 hours of TV mark.  I did accomplish something tonight - scanned some more recipes for myself, and put them in the binder for my mom (her birthday/Christmas present - which she knows I'm doing, so I'm not spoiling the surprise).

I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to pack everything in the amount of time I have.  I've got 3 full days to pack.  Which would probably be more than enough for lots of people.  But I'm not sure if I can be one of them.  Besides, I'm trying to cram in as many visits with friends as possible.  I have no clue when I'll be able to see them again - I have doubts that anyone will come to Fort McMurray.  Then there's my To Do list for Christmas, and just general cleaning and organizing.  I'm not stressed about this, and I'm hoping I can keep it that way.  In hopes of keeping stress at bay, I put a few things from my bedroom floor into my "packing area" in the basement.  The first of many that will be making the trek.  My room feels a bit more open now, so that will help with the stress of everything too.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my program director to get the first of four signatures that are required for me to withdraw from SAIT.  It's nice to be setting something else into motion.

Physical activity of some sort needs to be a priority this week.  Even with all the assignments and finals.  Because if I don't, then I know I'm just going to get depressed, stressed, and completely overwhelmed.

On the good news side of things, I am now two thirds done my blanket.  Which is super exciting.  I rolled two balls of yarn last night, and I have one to go.  I used to leave them in their skeins, but although they unravel fairly easily, I still manage to buy ones that are tangled.  The rolling is time consuming, but it makes for a much more pleasant experience when I'm actually knitting.

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2008 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

that sounds like a massive process to withdrawal...crazy... and nice work on the blanket, thats a huge undertaking!!!

and just get through your exams, the packing will get done, plus jason will be here and he can help, which will make it go twice as fast!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 1:17 PM , Blogger ~Jessica Dawn said...

Hey girl!

I'm proud (and jealous) that you can knit right now.

This hand thing has been an f-ing nightmare... AHHHH!

K, I'm going to catch up on your blogs... and do my own!!

Love, Jess

(my word verification is "buttol" teehee... yes I need more sleep!)

LUMULK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home