This Page

has been moved to new address

First Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: First Day

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Monday, January 19, 2009

First Day

I started at the dental clinic today.  As far as first days go, it wasn't anything overly special.  I was learning the computer program more than anything.  It seems fairly straight forward, and semi-similar to the one used at the vet clinic.  The girls that work in the front seem really nice, and it sounds like it's going to be an enjoyable experience.  I was quickly introduced to most of the 'other' staff, but there's no way I can put a face with the names yet.

This week I'm going to be working later shifts (off at 7:30 tomorrow and Wednesday, and 6:30 Thursday and Friday).  Which will theoretically change once I'm done training.  Not that I'm too worried.  Jason bought a gym pass, and is going on his way home from work.  It's actually a great plan – he gets to miss most (if not all) of the rush hour traffic this way.  Much more effective use of time.

I'm holding off on buying a pass until I have a more set schedule.  I also need to go check out the YMCA that's on the way to/from my work.  The college gym was so nice though, so I'm a little worried I won't like it.  But if that's the way to avoid rush hour traffic, then so be it.  I'll make it work, whichever gym I choose.

I'm also trying to let go of my old habits and routines, and make ones that fit my new life and situation.  Like staying up late.  This is a hard one, but I'm working on getting ready for bed sooner, and going into the bedroom to read (until I'm tired, as late as that may be) instead of staying in the living room watching tv or being on my computer.  Another big one is the desire to have a clean and empty sink.  I hate doing dishes.  And I think Jason feels the same.  So the dishes only get done every two to three days.  (Sorry Mom & Dad).  At least we know that when the house hunting time comes, a dishwasher (or room to put one) is high up on the 'like to have' list, borderline on the 'need to have'.   

Signature - Manderz

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

Congratulations on the job!! thats nice to be busy! and good work with the working out!!!

I also hate doing dishes. Thankfully we had a dishwasher. Though I doubt we will have one in south africa!! eeekkk.

And when its just two of you, it hardly seems worth it to do a whole sink of soapy water for just the few dishes.

 
At January 20, 2009 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Neely said...

Good Luck with the job!!! And Congrats!

 
At January 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Rachael said...

congratulations on the job, best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home