This Page

has been moved to new address

It's Delurking Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: It's Delurking Time

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Delurking Time

While scouring the blogosphere today, I found out that it's Delurking Day.

Delurk1

Other blogs are sticking with Delurking Week.

Delurk2

Either way, it's exciting.

So what exactly is delurking?  According to Net Lingo:
delurking: slang for coming out of online "lurking mode"; and
to lurk: to read messages on a blog without ever replying yourself

Which means, if you are reading this (whether today, tomorrow, or even next year), you should leave a comment.  It really doesn't matter what you say.  I'm just curious about the people who read my blog.  SiteMeter gives me the statistics – how many people stop by, where they're from, how long they stay, etc.  But that's just so…impersonal.

And guess what?!  You don't need an account or a blog to leave a comment!  Honestly.  I can walk you through step-by-step.  (If you already know how, just skip ahead.)

1. Go to the bottom of the post click on 'Comments'.

comment2

2. This will open a pop-up window.  Type your comment in the box.

comment3 

3. Then click on the little circle beside 'Name/URL'.

comment4

6. Type in your name.

comment5

6. Click on 'Publish Your Comment'.

comment6

7. You may be asked to do word verification. 

That's it.  Very, very easy.

Happy Delurking!

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

I'll comment...especially since i first came accross your blog being a stalker! and now we're friends!!! I love blogging!!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 8:50 AM , Blogger jen + ryan said...

hi! you know i read, but i'm adding to your comment count :)

 
At January 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Rachael said...

what an informative post...well done! i have to tell you i also refuse to sing if anyone else is within ear shot, lol! thanks for commenting :)

 
At January 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM , Blogger SoMi's Nilsa said...

I think you found me before I found you ... but, I'm still here to say HI!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Anonymous Gertrude McSally said...

Thank you for such detailed instructions on posting a comment. I just felt so lost before- I had so much to say, but no idea how to say it.

So today my pet turtle rolled over. It was fantastic. He should join the olympic rolling team.

The stamp collection is going really well. Only twelve more and I'll totally win first prize at the convention this year.

You should email me your address and then I will write you letters. I know you have a fetish for them. I could also send you care packages, because god knows you're probably hideously deprived up there. Denny's corner store can't meet all your needs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home