This Page

has been moved to new address

A New Year and Some New Beginnings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: A New Year and Some New Beginnings

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year and Some New Beginnings

First off, I would like to say Happy New Year!!!

I know, it's a tad bit late.  I've been busy though.  New Year's Eve Jason and I went over to his co-worker's place.  We met a whole group of people, including a few Newfies that were next to impossible to understand.  We went back New Year's Day for a lunch of roast beef, cod and halibut.  Yummy!

Yesterday we moved into our suite.  This was my first time seeing it, and I really like it.  There's lots of space.  I find it quite entertaining – Jason has a small hanging shelf in the closet full of his clothes, and I have the rest of the closet, and an entire dresser.  :-)  Unpacking has been a relatively slow process for me though.  I'm trying to figure out the best spot for everything before I put it away so I don't have to move things around after.  I'm down to 3 boxes though, all of which are mostly computer paraphernalia.  I will be posting pictures soon.

Speck and Jengo are swimming happily in their temporary homes.    I got them some little glass bowls from the dollar store.  They weren't looking very healthy in the plastic ice cream containers I had them in before.  Having me for an owner they have learned to be troopers though.  Fortunate for them.

I had a job interview today at a dental clinic for a front desk position.  It was interesting as far as interviews go since I wasn't asked very many questions.  Hopefully I get called back for a second interview, as it sounds pretty good.  There's still room for improvement though, so on Monday I will pass out some more resumes.

My parents gave me a new camera for Christmas (among other wonderful things).  It's theoretically Mandy-proof – drop proof, water proof, freeze proof…  I am looking forward to taking lots of pictures, I just need to recreate the habit.

camera

But it's time for bed.  Adios!

3 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM , Anonymous Danielle from ComSci said...

Hey, its Danielle from ComSci (I'm going to get one of these blog things eventually and I'll add you) -
I kinda knew that you were moving(i must have read it on facebook, or during one of the many times i've creeped your blog), but I didn't know you were already up there. Congrats on the new place. Best of luck up there! How long are you guys staying?
And I totally want that Camera. Mostly for the ability to take pics underwater.

 
At January 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

me again.
i got one =P

 
At January 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Sara said...

omg omg so i got that camera for christmas too (pink version)
theres one thing wrong with it though
its not "lost-proof"
bc i left mine in new zealand. haha thankfully my friend found it...but thats beside the point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home