This Page

has been moved to new address

Sick, Sick, Sick

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: Sick, Sick, Sick

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

I managed to catch "the cold" that has been going around my office for a few weeks. It started out as a sore throat and a bit of runny nose. That was the Thursday before this past one. By Saturday, my sinuses were becoming quite congested, although my nose was still rather runny. Monday I couldn't breathe through my nose at all, and I was coughing. I ended up taking Monday afternoon and all of Tuesday off of work so I could sleep and attempt to get better. It helped a bit. As of today, over a week later, I am slowly getting better with each day. I'm a bit congested still, but I can finally breathe semi-normally again. The cough has disappeared, although my throat is still a tiny bit sore. Hopefully I'll be completely rid of this thing by the end of next week. I really don't want to spend my birthday with this nasty thing.

Speaking of my birthday, Renita's having a party for us. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, and seeing some friends again. And yes, I'm actually considering some people "friends" now. It's pretty exciting. I have a feeling there will be lots of barbecues happening this summer.

At work this week I decided to take a form that we usually fill out by hand, and turn it into a form in Microsoft Word that does the calculations for you. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. Even if I'm the only one who'll ever use it. I happen to think it looks more "professional" when stuff is printed on the computer versus by hand. So I'm trying to do what I can on the computer - and make it more effective time-wise as well. The added benefit is that I'm playing around with Microsoft Office 2007, and I'm learning where everything is, and about the new features.

I haven't worked out at all lately. Being sick is not good for motivation. I'm still unsure about where I want to go. The Y is convenient, but I really dislike the facilities. And I'm not a Curves girl. I still the college has fantastic facilities, but it's a bit wasteful to be driving downtown after work everyday when home is in the opposite direction. I definitely miss hot yoga classes. If someone was to start a studio up here, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I keep saying I want to register for a workout class or yoga class of some kind, but the biggest dilemma is still the location.

I've been wearing heels to work a lot. It's becoming easier and easier to walk in them. And I love wearing the boots I bought when I was in Calgary. They're so comfy. Plus with all the snow, I don't end up with wet socks like I do with every other pair of shoes I own. Even my hiking boots are not that much of a deterrent with the amount of snow still left on the ground.

My hair has grown out enough that I can wear my bangs as I had originally wanted. I've done a couple quick trims by myself. It's not perfect, but I live with it. I'll be booking an appointment fairly soon though, as I still can't wear the rest of my hair down with the current cut. Hopefully this time I end up with a stylist who knows what they're doing.

I'm going to bed earlier, and finding it easier to get up in the mornings now. I think it helps that I usually wake up when Jason comes in to get dressed right before he leaves, as that's close to when my alarms go off. It hasn't been as much of a struggle since I stopped watching as much tv. Turning it off in the middle of show was just too hard to do, and if I started even a bit of the one after, I got sucked in.

I like how I get to drive to and from work in daylight now. And I'm really looking forward to experiencing a northern summer.

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Neely said...

I hope you feel better :)

 
At March 19, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger ~Jessica Dawn said...

Oh lady... northern summers KICK ASS... and you & Jason WILL BE (thats right, no choice) coming to Bonnyville for a weekend, to spend the whole thing at the lake... getting sunburned, swimming with Mondae in the lake, boating & tubing behind the seadoo.
Then a late night fire with lots of music, friends, beer & watching the bats!!

Maybe Ryan & Susan can come too, Jarid's brother & his friends... oh it'll be a blast!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home