This Page

has been moved to new address

Reporting Live from (not so sunny) San Diego

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: Reporting Live from (not so sunny) San Diego

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reporting Live from (not so sunny) San Diego

It's hard to believe it's already the evening of Day 2. Time is passing much too quickly. However, we're enjoying every minute of it, so I won't complain.

The flight went smoothly, I passed the time reading Elle and watching various shows on satellite tv. Our hotel is fantastic: we got a room with a view (barely as we look out onto the roof) of the marina, and best of all computers with free internet.

Last night we relaxed in the hotel on our bed of clouds, then did some shopping down on Misson Beach. I finally bought my very first sundress (it only took 1 1/2 years to find one I liked). Dinner was at a rooftop patio - the food was fast, and good (nothing special though) - but it was super cold out. After we got back to the hotel we went for a walk near the marina. Smelling the sea air is so relaxing.

Today our goal was Kono's for breakfast, and then surfing. Kono's is this little restaurant right on Mission Beach (right in front of Crystal Pier if you're in the area), that has AMAZING food at even more amazing prices. They haven't raised their prices in something like 850+ days - there's a sign on the wall proudly declaring this. Pictures of Jason's huge burrito will be posted once I get home. Surfing was a blast, although the waves were huge. Well, huge to relative beginners like us, the residents were simply calling them "big". It made catching a wave a bit harder since we were trying to stay away from the crowds of good surfers. The overcast sky was replaced by sunshine and blue skies at some point during our time in the Pacific. Both of us stood up a few times, and in true Mandy fashion, I took many enjoyable tumbles. One that sticks out in my mind was when I managed to stand up, and then promptly fell over sideways, and ended up doing a belly flop right onto the top of the wave. Good times.

This afternoon our plans were screwed up a bit by time flying by, so we ended up making some adjustments. We ended up planning the major events for the rest of our stay, and then went shopping at Fashion Valley. And by shopping, I mostly mean browsing and enjoying being in an open air mall. I was a bit surprised when I walked out of JCPenney and there was sunshine everywhere. My first reaction was to turn around and go find the correct exit into the mall. Then I saw stores and kiosks.

Currently Jay is having a nap, and I came down to print off the details for our adventure tomorrow. We plan on having a simple meal at the sports bar in our hotel, and then spend the evening going for a walk and in the pool. Simple, relaxing, and inexpensive.

I've been updating Twitter and Facebook on a fairly regular basis...if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home