This Page

has been moved to new address

Thoughts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: Thoughts

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts

Am I where I should be? Not even close. I find it rather depressing starting the week off feeling as though I'm already behind. And yet this is the second week in a row like it. Unfortunately, my procrastination skill still reign supreme over almost all other skills. Somehow I must slowly hack away at this inefficiency. Otherwise I will never conquer a satisfying work/school/life balance.

Yesterday I downloaded the new Imogen Heap album Ellipse, as well as the Major Tom single by Shiny Toy Guns. I highly recommend both.

Lately I've been thinking about portion sizes. Mainly at restaurants. I have come to some conclusions:
  • Fast food breakfast combos are generally the perfect size for my appetite.
    (Current obsession: McDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin with a hashbrown and orange juice)
  • Fast food lunch/dinner combos are too big for me, and yet the sandwich and drink alone is not enough. Which means, I would prefer a child's size fries with my meal.
  • Sit-down restaurants have portions that are much too large. I rarely clear my plate, and I always feel guilty. Especially since I dislike leftovers as a general principle. Nothing ever tastes the same, and I disagree that food tastes better the next day. There are times I'm tempted to custom order the exact amount of food on my plate. So far I have restrained myself though.
  • I also think all restaurants offering breakfast should add a few links of sausage to all menu items - it would make deciding what to eat so much easier. I do love my breakfast sausage.

Jay and I took Mr. Giz & Bald-man to the dog park today. It was a better experience then when I went alone with the boys on Saturday.

It turns out the fuzzy-butts know how to "woof" and "bark". The "woof" is absolutely adorable. We are constantly trying to get one out of them now. Which can be rather difficult, as neither is very prone to speaking. But if we surprise them, or they don't recognize us, we have been getting results. One day I would like them to "woof" on command though.

Despite promising to upload photos from my vacation, I have yet to do so. Soon.

I am in the process of coming up with a new blog design in my head. One day when I have the time, I might actually make it a reality. My internet adventures have introduced me to vector graphics, icon sets, favicons and other exciting entities. Now I just need to learn how to integrate them (meaning I need to decipher some code - using many Google searches). I'm also debating about putzing around in CorelDRAW Essentials (my free Photoshop) and trying to draw a few things myself. Somehow I doubt my non-existent artistic skills will suddenly disappear and be replaced by some insanely creative ones though, so perhaps not. I'll probably just download a bunch of free graphics and such created by other talented individuals, and create a hodge-podge I can call my own.

I'm also curious, what other "social" sites are you using? Facebook? Twitter? Digg? Delicious? Flickr? MySpace? Anything else?

Tomorrow is fast approaching though, and it's going to be a busy day. So too-da-loo!


2 Comments:

At September 8, 2009 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Mrs. Alston said...

wow. i didnt even know half of those 'social' sites. I have just stuck with facebook & my blog. if i added anymore, i'd get nothing done. Plus i figure it'd be a repeat of what i see on facebook & the blogs anyways!!!

 
At September 8, 2009 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Derek the Dingo said...

Know what is good for breakfast? All Bran. Toast with peanut butter.

For lunch and dinner you could have roasted chicken breasts, brown rice and some sort of green veggie. Like asparagus. Mmmm, mmm.

We appear to have highly different opinions on food. And what's with all the fast food!? I thought Jason was supposed to stay away from salt, silly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home