This Page

has been moved to new address

What Have I Done to Myself?!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: What Have I Done to Myself?!

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Saturday, October 3, 2009

What Have I Done to Myself?!

Today I got a massage.  It was my first time.  And while I would like to say it was the most relaxing thing ever, I can't.  Because it HURT!  Now before any jumps in and says something along the lines of "you're supposed to let the masseuse know", I was expecting it to hurt.  Hopefully, it will not be in vain.  Even now, 8 hours later, it still hurts.

The root problem is stress.  I have been extremely stressed out lately - mainly with work - and it just keeps getting worse.  Or maybe I should say, I haven't really done anything to rectify the situation until now.  So what exactly is the situation?  When I get stressed, I get tense.  Really, really tense in my upper back, shoulders and neck.  Add in lack of exercise (for various reasons), and relaxation just never occurs.  Meaning, the tense muscles turned into knotted muscles.  Which lately has been leading to nasty tension headaches on a daily basis.

Today's massage was step one in trying to calm down the angry muscles.  The masseuse did exactly as I requested, and worked on the knots.  It was definitely a struggle to focus on keeping my breath steady.  But I'm proud of myself, for letting her do what I asked, for accepting the pain as a consequence for my actions (or lack thereof).

Next up, a chiropractor.  I have an appointment in a week and a half.  Not as soon as I would like, but he's been recommended by multiple people.  And when someone is going to be twisting my neck, they better be good.  After that, I am thinking I will get another massage and possibly some acupuncture (if I can find someone who does it).  I am also going to make a concentrated effort to fit some physical activity into my schedule.  To do some yoga with Jason.  To use my Wii Fit.  To dig out my workout videos.  Maybe even get out for a run before the cold hits.

I'm also going to do everything I can to get an ergonomic set-up at work.  Perhaps I will just bring a drill in and install my own keyboard tray (my old one fell off).  I've waited over a month and nothing has been done.  I am going to sit up straight in my chair, and use as many stacks of paper as necessary to get my monitor to the right height.  It's not my fault if it doesn't look right sticking over the counter.  The current situation is not allowing me to do my job effectively.  I have been very tense, easily frustrated, and not the most pleasant receptionist to deal with.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home