This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas, Life and Adorableness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: Christmas, Life and Adorableness

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas, Life and Adorableness

I found Christmas to be rather depressing this year.  The blame is squarely on my shoulders, which I fully accept.  My expectations were high - which I failed to admit to myself, and verbalize to Jason.  How I dealt with it was pitiful - I stayed up until 4 am Christmas Eve (err, Christmas Day) reading (aka escaping my drab thoughts).  Then I slept from about 12 pm to 6 pm on Christmas.  Avoidance?  Very much so.  Boxing Day I slept in, and procrastinated cleaning the house until the last minute.  But dinner turned out to be quite enjoyable, and I forgot to be grouchy.

The New Year is going to be interesting.  I've got a lot of plans, and I'm ready to put them into motion.  Some plans have fallen through already (ie. completing my 101 Goals in 1,001 Days list).  Others are looking very promising.  All of my plans revolve around dumping this increasingly depressed aura I've been carrying around lately.  I'm ready to be the overly optimistic, easily amused, energetic person I once was.  Any and all support from you is going to be greatly appreciated.

I have to admit, I completely understand why everyone calls it a 'Crackberry'.  My Blackberry goes with me everywhere.  Switching from the Pearl Flip to the Tour was well worth the additional price.  The full QWERTY keyboard really makes all the difference to me.  I don't need a planner or notebook in my purse anymore, and my camera is only pulled out for special occasions now.  My 'berry just emits convenience; I use it more than the computer for many tasks.  Facebook.  Twitter.  E-mail.  Uploading pictures.  Writing blog posts.  Google Reader (I can't comment though, which annoys me to no end).  If they would let me do my banking from my phone, I totally would.

I would like to take a moment and be completely narcissistic.  This is a huge accomplishment for me, and therefore worth sharing.  Ready for it?  I got a GPA of 4.0 this past semester.  Straight A's.  After a semester passed a) regretting taking on 3 classes while working full-time, b) struggling with motivation, c) finally accepting that a "B" or even a "C" would still be a completely acceptable mark, d) suppressing guilt for skipping yet another class to catch up on some much-needed R+R, e) and numerous other obstacles.  I was utterly flabbergasted when I found out.  Now, I just hope all my courses will transfer to my "new school".  I'm transferring from evening classes at the local college to self-directed study through a university.  It means more flexibility with my schedule so I can be a better mother to my pups, and time to go to the gym and start yoga classes again.  Transferring also means a program that is accounting specific rather than a mix of business administration and accounting.  Perhaps not as helpful in the short-term job market, but definitely better in the long-run.

For anyone who isn't already aware the 2010 Bootlegger Finalists have been posted on 20SB, and voting has begun.  If you haven't voted yet, you should.  Because there's some awesome people nominated.  My mind is spinning with the choices.  I'm also discovering new blogs in the process.

Now,  I will leave you with some pictures of my pups.  They're just so adorable, and make my heart melt.



Just look at those puppy eyes


He just wanted to get close


Nothing like a down dog and yawn - simultaneously


Gizmo wedged himself in, and then wouldn't move


Loving the treadmill


Learning to co-operate with my constant picture-taking


Curled up with Mom


He does have a habit of finding tiny spaces


Making my heart melt all over again
(PS Don't you just love my pj pants?)