This Page

has been moved to new address

An 'In the Meantime' Post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: An 'In the Meantime' Post

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An 'In the Meantime' Post

As I write this post I lay in bed, with my pups cuddled beside me. Jay's laptop is on the floor - sometimes the smaller screen of my Blackberry is more appealing. This is not the post I had promised; I have yet to upload the pictures.

Today was a rough day. I woke up feeling blah: sore throat, achy joints, and a headache. All I wanted was to crawl back in bed. But I didn't, and the body felt a bit better as the day progressed. Now, as I try to relax, all the aches and pains are coming back. My peppermint tea tastes good, but soothes little.

I know this is my body's way of telling me I am not treating it well. That it wants breakfast, and balanced meals, and exercise. That perhaps change is necessary before I feel mentally prepared. 2010 is close, but not close enough. My body is tolerant, so very tolerant, of all the junk I eat, the irregular exercise, the abuse from stress. There are limits, and I need to respect them. To give back for a change.

I walked on the treadmill tonight for 10 minutes. Tomorrow I can try for 15. Having the pups beside makes it more enjoyable. I know, the amount is negligible to most, but its 10 minutes more than yesterday. And the days before that. Sometimes I wonder how I let myself go this much, and yet it was so simple. Getting started again is the hard part.

Dexter decided to make a wet spot on Jay's side of the bed. By licking. It's a struggle not to find it amusing. Gizmo walked onto the treadmill tonight without being asked, then proceeded to do all 35 minutes without a leash. I think someone enjoys it. Dexter, not so much. But he does tolerate it. The cold weather doesn't seem to bother them - they continue to race all over the backyard. I on the other hand stay inside as much as possible right now. It's supposed to warm up to -20C by this weekend though.

*What do you enjoy doing most when cold weather hits?*

~Manderz~