This Page

has been moved to new address

formspring.me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Manderz Musings: formspring.me

Manderz Musings

Live.Laugh.Love

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

formspring.me

Do you think you're old enough to be engaged?!? Clearly my punctuation belies my POV, but... really, I'm interested in knowing more.

I think one important thing to know about me that plays a huge role is that I've always been mature for my age. It's something I grew up hearing from parents, teachers, therapists, etc. Granted, maturity doesn't equal experience, but it certainly affects the mind set.

I recognize that a marriage takes work. That it won't always be easy, and that we will fight. We're working our way out of a rough patch right now. That's the key though, "we". There is no rush for us to get married. Being engaged really is a stage in the relationship all on its own. The reality starts to sink in a bit more. For me, divorce is not an option. When we get married, it is a lifetime commitment. No matter what life throws our way.

Deep inside, I know this is the man I want to spend my life with. Looking ahead, he is a part of everything I see. We have woven our lives and goals together, and it just works. There is no pretending, we can act natural around each other. And trust me, it takes a special man to fully accept some of the things I do/say. My feelings for him are unlike anything I have ever felt for anyone.

At the end of the day, age is nothing more than a number. In spite of the 5 years between us, we are on the same page. I know that other people disagree, and I won't tell anyone they shouldn't be concerned - but ultimately this is mine and Jason's life.

Ask me anything